Wednesday, September 12, 2012

yellow house

Mitka:  "Have you ever tried to install... a governing body, inside of your... brain?"
[laughter]
Yasha:  "What do you mean by that?"
Mitka:  "I don't know, maybe this is too farfetched."
Yasha:  "No, I mean, it's possible that I have done this, but you'll have to tell me what you meant by that in order for me to determine."
Mitka, giggling:  "Don't put me in the yellow house!"
[laughter]
me:  "Was that a reference to something?"
Yasha:  "Does 'yellow house' somehow mean insane asylum?"
Mitka:  "It does in Russian.  Or---well, it does in some language."

3 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger F said...

It does in Russian. I first found this out sometime when I was little after I built a city out of legos where the government was in a yellow house.

 
At September 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM , Blogger carpo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM , Blogger carpo said...

lol wtf. I like how Yasha reduces philosophical questions to their literal meaning, and despite this Mitka continues to use abstruse metaphors.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home