Thursday, August 23, 2012

name

I wrote this post below before seeing Yasha's post about the same interaction.  I am amused by the comparison.

When we wondered what to call the blog, our first thought was Mirror Maze, which is the name of our apartment.  Both mirrormaze.blogspot.com and themirrormaze.blogspot.com held blogs that had not been updated since 2006.  Yasha said, "Maybe Mirror Thoughts?  Because the maze is _where_ we are..." but mirrorthoughts.blogspot.com is a blog with exactly one post.  I thought that Mirror Musings sounded silly, and suggested Mirror Mortals.

Yasha:  "'Blog not found'.  Well, that's good."
me:  "I like Mirror Mortals.  Let's be Mirror Mortals."
Yasha:  "Man, now it's all dark, with death and stuff."
me:  "But it's punny!"
Yasha:  "It is?  Mirror Mortals?"
me:  "'Mere mortals' is a thing.  Like, it exists as a phrase.  So we're mirror mortals, as residents of the Mirror Maze."
Yasha:  "Wha---OH.  OhhOHHHoh."
me:  "Hahahaha!"
Yasha:  "First I was thinking mermortals, like mermaids, and then I thought of werewolves.  Like, weremortals are people that turn mortal at the full moon...?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home